The Bureau of Cannabis Control (Bureau or BCC), previously named previously named the Bureau of Marijuana Control, Bureau of Medical Cannabis Regulation, and Bureau of Medical Marijuana Regulation, is one of the three agencies regulating commercial cannabis licenses for medical and adult-use cannabis in California.
Bureau of Cannabis Control Regulations
CalCannabis Cultivation Licensing Regulations
Manufactured Cannabis Safety Branch, CDPH Regulations
The Bureau of Cannabis Control is responsible for licensing retailers, distributors, testing laboratories, and microbusinesses. The Bureau regulates and grants the following statewide licenses to Cannabis businesses in California:
- Cannabis Testing Laboratories (License Type 8)
- Non-Storefront Retail Cannabis Delivery (License Type 9)
- Storefront Cannabis Retailers (License Type 10)
- Cannabis Distributors (License Type 11 & 13)
- Cannabis Microbusinesses (License Type 12)
The Bureau of Cannabis Control is also responsible for licensing temporary cannabis events; applicants must procure the following licenses to host a temporary cannabis event in California:
- Cannabis Event Organizer License
- Temporary Cannabis Event License
Our California cannabis industry licensing and compliance attorneys can help you obtain your Bureau of Cannabis Control license, and help your cannabis business remain compliant with the Bureau’s code of regulations.