Blair is admitted to practice law in both California and Illinois. Prior to joining RLG Blair worked as a criminal defense attorney in Cook County, Illinois defending clients in a variety of narcotics and violent crime cases. Blair received her Bachelor of Arts degree from Loyola Marymount University and her Juris Doctorate from Chicago-Kent College of Law.
Blair joined the RLG team in 2014 as the sole associate attorney when the firm’s primary focus was criminal defense. Blair represented dozens of criminal clients charged with cannabis crimes in jurisdictions all over Northern California. Appearing in such a variety of jurisdictions, Blair has an intimate knowledge of how California and local laws affect those operating within the cannabis industry.
Having witnessed the dramatic shift in the cannabis industry over the last few years, Blair’s practice area now focuses on cannabis compliance and helping clients operate within the confines of California’s regulated cannabis market. As the leader of RLG’s Compliance Team, Blair’s practice involves advising clients on MAUCRSA, the California Health and Safety Code, and the commercial cannabis regulations promulgated by the various state agencies responsible for issuing commercial cannabis licenses. As Compliance Team Leader, Blair oversees the attorneys on the Compliance Team, assists clients with the preparation of local permit and state license applications, interfaces with government officials, and represents clients in code enforcement and regulatory enforcement matters if and when they arise.
Blair consistently looks forward to helping cannabis professionals achieve success in the cannabis industry while ensuring they have the tools to operate compliantly.
RECENT SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Intellectual Property in the Cannabis Industry Panel – Loyola Law School, Los Angeles – October 2018
- Being Compliant in Distribution & Retail Panel – Canna West Summit, Los Angeles – June 2018
- Compliance Presentation – Women’s Cannabis Business Development, Sonoma County – April 2018
- Sonoma County Bar Association: 2014-Present
- Chicago Bar Association: 2013-Present
- American Bar Association: 2013-Present
- Significant experience in assisting collectives and cooperatives with the transition from operation under the Health and Safety Code to operation under local and upcoming state regulations.
- Extensive compliance work in Sonoma County, Santa Rosa, San Francisco, Oakland, Berkeley, Rio Vista, Lake County, Los Angeles, Long Beach, Desert Hot Springs, Mendocino, and other localities throughout California.
- Created and submitted Conditional Use Permit Application for first approved cannabis cultivation facility in the City of Rio Vista
- Created and submitted dozens of use permit, zoning clearance, and other permit applications for cannabis businesses throughout the State of California
- Completed cannabis compliance work for multi-million dollar dispensary acquisition project in Northern California
- Assisted dozens of clients with criminal conviction modifications and reductions pursuant to the passage of Proposition 64.
- Analyzed viability of operators under local and state regulations in relation to new rules regarding permit/license holders and prior criminal convictions.
- Worked to have criminal charges for cannabis cultivation, transportation, possession, and possession for sale dropped pursuant to the passage of Proposition 64.
Awards & Recognition
- Cum laude, Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology (2013)
- Merit-Based Academic Scholarship Recipient, Chicago-Kent College of Law (2011- 2013)
- CALI Award Winner in Forensic Science (2012)
- Cum laude, Loyola Marymount University (2009)