Trademark and Copyright Counsel
Intellectual Property Transactions
Corporate Governance and Transactions
Litigation, Arbitration and Mediation
- UC Hastings College of the Law (J.D., 2010)
- Brandeis University (M.A., 2004)
- Brandeis University (B.A., 2003)
Josh Zetlin joined Rogoway Law Group in 2017, with a practice focusing on intellectual property and corporate matters. Hailing from sunny Los Angeles, California, Josh received both a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in History from Brandeis University. After working in unscripted television production in New York and Los Angeles, Josh found the legal profession to be his true calling.
Josh earned his J.D. from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law in San Francisco, where he served as the Executive Symposium Editor of the Hastings Communication and Entertainment Law Journal. Upon graduating from law school, Josh began his legal career assisting clients with both litigation and transactional matters at a boutique law firm in Beverly Hills. He then spent time as an in-house television production attorney at Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios.
Josh brings an eclectic tool-box of skills to Rogoway Law Group’s corporate team. He advises clients on a wide range of issues, including trademark clearance and prosecution, brand development and enforcement, intellectual property licensing, corporate finance, entity formation, corporate governance and commercial disputes. He strives to view legal issues through a holistic lens, representing clients in a thoughtful and personal manner. This, combined with a nimble approach to legal representation, serves clients immeasurably in the rapidly changing legal landscape of the cannabis industry.
- Conducted trademark clearance searches to ascertain availability and viability of prospective brand names, logos and taglines.
- Prosecuted federal trademark applications on intent-to-use and use-in-commerce bases for ancillary goods and services of cannabis brands.
- Secured California state trademark registrations for cannabis goods and services.
- Maintained portfolio of trademark registrations for clients with numerous trademarks.
- Responded to USPTO office actions regarding lawful use in commerce, likelihood of confusion with pre-existing registration, and other issues.
- Registered copyrights with US Copyright Office for artistic expressions on packaging and in brand logos.
- Formulated brand and trade secret protection strategies for cultivators, manufacturers, distributors and retailers.
- Enforced trademark rights against alleged infringer of well-known cannabis flower brand.
- Pursued domain name cancellation strategy against apparent cybersquatter.
- Negotiated consent agreements for brand co-existence between companies using similar terminology for manufactured products and retail.
- Negotiated and drafted trademark and trade secret license agreements for cross-state licensing of manufactured product brands.
- Structured and drafted white-labeling and co-packing agreements for prominent manufactured cannabis product brands.