senior TAX Associate
A former litigator for the Internal Revenue Service with an advanced degree in taxation and a strong record of military service, Sandeep provides powerful, informed tax representation to businesses and individual taxpayers.
- U.S. Tax Court Litigation
- Federal District Court Litigation
- International Tax
- Civil Litigation
Bar & Court Admissions
- United States Tax Court
- United States District Court, District of Maryland
- University of San Francisco, LL.M. in Taxation
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D. cum laude
- American Military University, B.A. cum laude
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Global War on Terrorism medal
- Two Commendation Medals for Exceptionally Meritorious Service, U.S. Army
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- Adjunct Professor in Tax Procedure, Golden Gate University
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, California Bar Association
- Member, Maryland Bar Association
- Judicial Clerk for Circuit Court for Montgomery County, Maryland
- Judicial Intern for U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Active duty, U.S. Army
Represented the IRS in over 200 docketed court cases, resulting in over a dozen Tax Court trials which resulted in favorable outcomes to the IRS, and hundreds of negotiated settlements on behalf of the IRS.
Advised IRS employees and Appeals Officers on general tax issues.
Filed one of the very first constitutional challenges to the IRS’ revocation of U.S. passports of individuals owing $51,000 or more in federal taxes.
Represented tax return preparers being criminally prosecuted for aiding and abetting tax evasion before the IRS Criminal Tax Division and the Department of Justice; as well as negotiating with the Assistant United States Attorneys.
Represented tax return preparers in civil penalty investigations with the objective of minimizing civil liability and preventing a subsequent criminal investigation by the IRS and the Department of Justice.
Represented individuals and business owners before the IRS Criminal Tax Division and the Department of Justice in criminal investigations for tax evasion, conspiracy, and other tax related crimes.
Represented taxpayers in civil lawsuits against the IRS in U.S. District Courts and the Court of Federal Claims, resulting in thousands of dollars being refunded to the taxpayers.
Represented taxpayers in Foreign Bank Account Reporting (FBAR) and Bank Secrecy Act violations before the IRS civil and criminal investigators.
Represented taxpayers in individual and business IRS audits with successful audit results; and successfully challenged many civil audit results in Tax Court.
Represented Taxpayers in collection matters before the IRS and negotiated Installment Payment Agreements, Lien Subordination Agreements, and Offers in Compromise.
Successfully represented professionals (lawyers and doctors) before the IRS to prevent adverse employment actions resulting from IRS tax liabilities.
Successfully prevented IRS Lien and Levy actions due to tax liabilities.
Represented taxpayers in Tax Court cases against the IRS and negotiated settlements with IRS attorneys as well as the Office of Appeals.